Being diagnosed with infertility can be an extremely painful and challenging experience. It is often talked about that going for an IVF can be a roller coaster ride with a lot of ups and downs of emotions and it is extremely normal for you to feel stressed about it. However, it is important to keep in mind that you are not alone, everyone going through this phase has mixed emotions. Everyone’s reaction to the diagnosis of infertility is different and is extremely normal. It is normal to ask ‘Why Me?’ but it is ‘Not You’, Infertility is Normal and it can be treated with the right treatment and care.
In-vitro Fertilization (IVF) is not a single process but rather a series of steps or hurdles where each stage has to be crossed before tackling the next one. You may find yourself experiencing the following during your IVF journey:
- Your emotions would be more intense. You may feel more vulnerable, angry, sad, anxious, isolated, with a sense of loss, shame than usual.
- You would take less interest in things that you previously enjoyed doing.
- You may react in a very different way to your spouse or friends over little things they’ve said…
- You might pick up on arguments that previously did not matter much.
- You may stay in more and avoid going to social gatherings, especially where you encounter babies or pregnant friends.
Responses to hormonal medication used during stimulation sometimes may have an impact on you or not. Some women do not have any symptoms at all while other women feel more emotional and irritated. Others might feel uncomfortable with bloating, nausea, disturbed bowel movements, tiredness, headaches and mood swings. While you cannot help the way you feel you can definitely find a way to better manage your feelings and reactions.
- Information is the key to power, understanding and preparing yourself for IVF by talking to your doctor or counselor, so as to understand the treatment better.
- Ask Questions to all the people around, nurses, coordinators, counselors, doctors, and clear your doubts.
- Talk to your counselor, who can professionally help you deal with the interpersonal issues that you are facing.
- It is important that you take an adequate amount of rest and do not stress yourself during your process.
- Do not put yourself into extreme situations which can make you feel different or anxious, like moving to a new house, going to a big event, anything which can be emotionally hard for you to take.
- Try to do something meaningful and engage yourself in your favorite activities or spend some quality time with family and friends.
- Be thankful for the positive things in life.
- Communicating more with your spouse by expressing how you feel during this treatment would be extremely helpful.
We know this journey can be hard for you but it will lead you to something beautiful and precious. We at Ferticity, want to give you that ‘Gift of Life’ by helping you with all your fertility-related issues or queries. Talk to us now, the best IVF centre in Delhi is here to help you!
Visit us or Book an Appointment with our Fertility experts at +91-11-