Dr. Geeta Goswami is the senior most Embryologist having more than 30 years of professional experience managing multiple IVF Centres for one of the most reputed Assisted Reproductive Technology Clinics in India, working in the field since 1993 when doctors started doing IVF in India. Dr. Geeta Goswami is a Geneticist with an extensive experience in molecular biology, cytogenetics, and assisted reproductive technology for over three decades. She is highly skilled at clinical embryology and IVF laboratory management. After doing her post-graduation in Genetics with a Gold Medal from Delhi University South Campus, she did her PhD in molecular genetics. She did postdoctoral research at Jawaharlal Nehru University in Human Genetics.
She held positions like Scientific Director and Senior Embryologist at RidgeIVF Delhi; R&D Manager at Labindia, Gurugram; Research Fellow, Visiting Faculty, and Senior Scientist at Department of Genetics, Delhi University South Campus; Scientist In charge at Santosh Medical College; Research Associate at National Centre for Advanced Human Genetics, Jawaharlal Nehru University; and IVF Scientist at Gouri Hospitals, Delhi.
Dr. Goswami is proficient in most of the basic molecular, cytogenetic and biochemical techniques. Her research skills include:
Molecular Biology: DNA/RNA extraction, Gene Cloning, DNA sequencing, PCR, Realtime PCR, fragment analysis, SNP analysis, Snapshot, RFLP, High Resolution Melt (HRM), single cell PCR, Southern and Western Blotting
Cytogenetics: Chromosome preparation, G-banding, Karyotyping, Fluorescent in situ hybridization, arrayCGH in single cells (Blastomere/polar bodies) for preimplantation genetic screening, 5-chromosome FISH on blastomeres, chromosome preparation and staining for sister chromatid exchanges
ART Techniques: in vitro fertilization, ICSI, ROSI, ELSI, IMSI, PICSI, andrology, sperm freezing, embryo freezing using vitrification, embryo thawing, Blastocyst culture, embryo biopsy, PGS, DNA fragmentation assays, in vitro maturation of oocytes (IVM)
Tissue Culture: mammalian cell line cultures, Transfection
Dr. Geeta has completed several training programmes and workshops related to her field including:
International workshop on Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) at University College of London
Workshop on PGD for Genetic and Chromosomal Disorders by Blastocyst Biopsy at Memorial Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Molecular Cytogenetics workshop on hematological disorders at AIIMS, New Delhi
24sure and Oligo (arrayCGH) training programme at Bluegnome, Cambridge
International Fertility Preservation conference and workshop at KMC, Manipal
PGDIS Hands-on workshop on PGD for Genetic and Chromosomal Disorders by Trophectoderm Biopsy at Istanbul Memorial Hospital ART and Genetics Center
Dr. Goswami has published several research papers in journals such as Journal Anthropologie Anzeizer; Journal of Bioscience; Acta Tropica; American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene; Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences; Fertility Science and Research.
Dr. Goswami being an accomplished professional in the field of infertility and reproductive techniques with a wealth of experience and expertise, has been recognized as an invited speaker and resource person in numerous prestigious events and conferences. Additionally, Dr. Goswami has served as Convenor for the IFS SIG Embryology and actively participated in various activities of IFS, ACE, and iHera as a Speaker, Panelist, and Chairperson. She is an IFS faculty at Amity University and has mentored many IFS fellows and embryologists.
Dr. Goswami strongly believes in ethical practice. With her profound knowledge and contributions, she continues to make a significant impact in the field of infertility and reproductive techniques.
Scientific Director and IVF Lab Manager at Ferticity IVF & Fertility Clinics
Scientific Director and Senior Embryologist at Ridge IVF (14th October 2013- 30th March 2023)
Senior Scientist, Delhi University South Campus (2010- 8th Oct 2013)
Application Support Manager, Labindia, Gurgaon (2008-2010)
Scientist In charge at Santosh Medical College, Ghaziabad (2004-2008)
Visiting Faculty at Dept. Of Genetics, University Of Delhi South Campus (2005-2008)
Research associate at National Centre for Advanced Human Genetics, Jawaharlal Nehru University, (2003)
IVF Scientist, Gouri Hospitals Pvt Ltd., (1993-1999)
Research Fellow in Dept. of Genetics, University of Delhi South Campus(1988-1993)
Ph. D. MD University, Rohtak (2000-2003)
M.Sc. Genetics University of Delhi South Campus (Gold Medalist)
B.Sc. Botany, Miranda House, Delhi University (Second Position in Delhi University)
- International workshop on Recent Cytogenetic Diagnostic Techniques (February 20 – 24, 1993) held at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar.
- Training programme in animal IVF from National Institute of Immunology in January 1994.
- ICSI Training and handling of different micromanipulators (Narishige, RI and Eppendorf) at CREST, Bangalore
- Training in sequencing, fragment analysis, SNP analysis, snapshot, High resolution melt and realtime PCR at Labindia, Gurgaon
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) workshop at University College of London (30thMarch -3rd April 2009)
- Indo-French workshop on Pharmacogenomics held at JIPMER, Pondicherry (30thNovember to 2nd December, 2009)
- Workshop on PGD for Genetic and Chromosomal Disorders by Blastocyst Biopsy (May 10-12, 2010) at Memorial Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
- Molecular Cytogenetics workshop on hematological disorders held at AIIMS, New Delhi (29thNovember -4th December, 2010)
- 24sure and Oligo (arrayCGH) training programme at Bluegnome, Cambridge (11th-15th June, 2012)
- Attended International Fertilility Preservation conference and workshop at KMC, Manipal, March 2015
- Attended PGDIS Hands-on workshop on PGD for Genetic and Chromosomal Disorders by Trophectoderm Biopsy Istanbul Memorial Hospital ART and Genetics Center, March 31-April 2, 2017
- Tara Devi, S. K. Saran and Geeta Nair:G6PD Deficiency in the Kissan tribals of Orissa and Kannikar tribals of Kerala, India. Journal Anthropologie Anzeizer, 1993/June/179 – 181.
- Singh, Geeta Goswami, N. Nanda, K. Raghavendra, D. Chandra and S. K. Subbarao: An allele-specific polymerase chain reaction assay for the differentiation of members of the Anopheles culicifaciescomplex. J. Biosci, Vol.29(3), 2004, 275-280.
- Geeta Goswami, N. Nanda, K. Raghavendra, S. K. Gakhar and Sarala K. Subbarao. PCR-RFLP of mitochondrial cytochrome oxidase subunit II and ITS2 of ribosomal DNA : markers for the identification of members of the Anopheles culicifaciescomplex (Diptera: Culicidae). Acta Tropica, 95, 2005, 92-99.
- Geeta Goswami, O. P. Singh, Nutan Nanda, K. Raghavendra, S. K. Gakhar, Sarala K. Subbarao. Identification of all members of the anopheles culicifaciescomplex using allele-specific polymerase chain reaction assays.Am J Trop Med Hyg, 75, 2006, 454-460.
- “Golden Jubilee Symposium on Genetics Research & Education: Current trends and the next fifty years” held at New Delhi, from February 12 – 15, 1991. Poster with the title “DNA Polymorphism of the Human ß– globin gene in tribal populations of North and South Kerala, India. (In joint authorship with S. Tara Devi, Monique Losekoot, RicccardoFodde, L.F. Bernini).
- Fourth International Congress on Genetics of Hemoglobin Diseases at Nice – Acropolis, France from 6thNovember, 1991 to 8th November, 1991. Poster with the title “DNA Polymorphism of the Human ß – globin gene in tribal populations of North and South Kerala, India. (In joint authorship with S. Tara Devi, Monique Losekoot, RicccardoFodde, L.F. Bernini).
- Goswami G, Singh S, Devi MG. Successful fertilization and embryo development after spermatid injection: A hope for nonobstructive azoospermic patients.J Hum Reprod Sci 2015;8:175-7.
- Goswami, G, Sharma, M and Gouri Devi, M. Can Intracytoplasmic Morphologically selected Spermatozoa Injection (IMSI) be used as first choice of treatment for severe male factor infertility patients?J Hum Reprod Sci [serial online] 2018 [cited 2020 Jul 28];11:40-4.
- Goswami G, Gouri M D. Relevance of split In vitro fertilization-intracytoplasmic sperm injection method of insemination in normozoospermic and mildly oligospermic men: A retrospective study.J Hum Reprod Sci 2020;13:145-9.
- Nautiyal, S, Goswami, G, Devi Gouri, M. Assessment of oxidative stress in follicular fluid of infertile women undergoing IVF procedure. Sci Res. 2021.Vol8. 52-58
Invited Speaker and Resource Person:
- Invited Speaker in the seminar organized by the Department of Infertility and Associated Reproduction Techniques Gouri Hospitals Ltd., in association with the Association of Gynecologists& Obstetricians of Delhi at Hotel Ashok, New Delhi on 1stDecember, 1996.
- Delivered Lecture in the Clinical Meeting on “Genetic Techniques in the Management of Diseases” held on 7thJanuary, 1995 at Sunder Lal Jain Hospital, Ashok Vihar, Delhi Received letter of appreciation from the Chairman of Scientific Committee of Indian Medical Association.
- Resource Person for the Genetics workshops held for Undergraduate college teachers under the ambit of Indian Genetic Congress (2012-2013) Daulat Ram College, University
- Chaired a session at ISAR conference on Embryology at Gurgaon 18-19thSeptember
- Panelist at workshop on Male Infertility Fertivision 2016
- Delivered a talk on setting up PGD laboratory in precongress workshop on PGS/PGD at IFS Lucknow.
- Debated and won vote against PGS in Fertivision 2017.
- Convenor for IFS SIG Embryology from 2019-2021
- Participated in various activities of IFS, ACE, iHera as speaker, panelist, chairperson
- College of Applied Sciences for women, Vivek Vihar, University of Delhi, South Campus, academic year 1989 – 1990.
- Visiting Faculty at Department of Genetics, University of Delhi, South Campus (for Human Genetics in the academic year 1990 – 1991).
- Visiting Faculty at Department of Genetics, University of Delhi, South Campus since academic year 2004-2005.
- IFS Faculty at Amity University from 2017 and continuing.
Professional recognition, awards, fellowships received:
- Gold Medal from Delhi University M. Sc. (Genetics)
- Recipient of National Scholarship from Ministry of Human Resource Development, 1986 – 1988
- IInd Rank holder in Delhi University in B.Sc. (Hons.) Botany
- University Science Merit Awards in B.Sc. (Hons.) Part I, II and III
- Merit awards for standing first in the College in B.Sc. Part I, II & III
- Science Merit Awards for securing Ist position in M. Sc. part I & II
- Recipient of CSIR – UGC NET Fellowship in 1988.
- Received letter of appreciation from the Chairman of Scientific Committee of Indian Medical Association for Delivering Lecture in the Clinical Meeting on “Genetic Techniques in the Management of Diseases” held on 7thJanuary, 1995 at Sunder Lal Jain Hospital, Ashok Vihar, Delhi.